IMPORTANT NOTICE TO THE COMMUNITY
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic there have been many changes in business procedures in the community in the past few months or more.
The following changes at the Administration office will be in effect June 29, 2020.
The distribution of the community mail (Box 160) and cheques for pick-up will now resume back at the Administration office by following all safety procedures for clients and staff. This will be posted on the Administration front door as well. Patient Travel cheques and SA cheques will remain at Community Services for pick up.
- If you have a cough or flu like symptoms, we ask that you do not enter the Administration building at this time.
- Use the hand sanitizing station upon arrival and departure of the building.
- Only 3 members at a time will be permitted to enter the Administration building for business purpose only. If the limit is reached, you will be asked to wait outside until you are called upon.
- Be brief with your visit.
- Practice social distancing will be in affect – 2 metres in length and we will continue to follow BC Health guidelines.
- Mail will be picked up from the Port Alberni Post Office on weekly basis.
Here is the schedule for CHEQUE pick-up:
- Cheque run days have not changed and will still be processed on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Cheques will be available for pick up on Tuesday and Thursday after 4:00 pm.
Thank you for your cooperation with the new changes during this trying time.
CHECK POINT (ACCESS TO RESERVE)
Please be advised that we are now into Stage 3 of the Recovery Plan. We are allowing other members and friends that are not residents to come into community. We recommend that you keep the size restrictions of public and private gathering to be under 10 and no large gatherings of 50 + people. Remember to continue your social distancing, use hand sanitation, and if you have any symptoms to stay home. Please advise the checkpoint staff is someone will be coming in for a visit.
The checkpoint will stay in place at this current time to ensure that tourists are aware that we have not re-opened our community at this time.