March 17, 2020
Until further notice, local programs and services in Malachan will continue.
Please watch for regular updates and changes.
COVID 19 is a virus that everyone is trying to minimize exposure to and Ditidaht is recommending the following precautionary measures:
- Meetings are to be conducted via tele or video conferencing
- Limited visits from outside organizations
- All community gatherings postponed until further notice
- Recommend that family/friends support elderly to minimize their exposure (i.e., doing their shopping/picking up necessities/prescriptions for them).
Dr. McLeod’s team will not be coming down this week. However, their services are available via Telehealth – please contact Esther Edgar, Ditidaht Community Services Receptionist at 250-745-3331 to schedule an appointment.
Also, the NTC nurses are at Community Services today (March 17th). As above, please call Esther Edgar to schedule an appointment.
Ditidaht Community Services are fully stocked with medical supplies. If you have any questions about what is available please call Grace Marshall, CHR, at Community Services (250-745-3331).
To help reduce your risk of infection:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Using soap and water is the single most effective way of reducing the spread of infection.
- If a sink is not available, alcohol-based hand rubs (ABHR) can be used to clean your hands as long as they are not visibly soiled. If they are visibly soiled, use a wipe and then ABHR to effectively clean them.
- Do not touch your face, eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or the crease of your elbow when you sneeze or cough.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Do not share food, drinks, utensils, etc.
Updates will be provided through newsletter handouts, the Ditidaht Facebook page and the Ditidaht website.